Operation Beautiful

DSCN1928_thumb

I love the simple yet powerful messages being passed on via Operation Beautiful — “The mission of Operation Beautiful is to post anonymous notes in public places for other women to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL. You are enough . . . just the way you are!”

A young woman I admire, Noelle, was kind enough to share with me her recent adventures posting notes all around the streets of Sydney and in the change rooms at dress shops. Not only did Noelle thoroughly enjoy spreading the love, she was touched by the positive responses she witnessed in women when they saw her anonymous notes. You may wish to read her blog account of this experience: http://diet-coke-missy.blogspot.com/2010/01/operation-beautiful.html.

18651_266907775770_667910770_3894932_6425896_n

Noelee's note reads - "Self Love - It's the new black!"
Noelle's note on this T-shirt in a shop reads: "Self Love — It's the new black!"

Implementing this project at your school or workplace would be a wonderful way to start the year! Think affirming notes left in the toilets, on lockers, hidden in library books . . .

Our girls are currently bombarded with messages that tell them they are not enough. Let’s create more opportunities to be voices of difference.  

Published inPower of Words

6 Comments

1. Kelly Valder

I love Operation Beautiful! I’m going to hide a note for my mum and little sister to find today!

2. Olivia

LOVE it! 🙂 Yeah!!

3. Fabulous idea! It is about celebrating the individual qualities that make oursleves and others extraordinary.

4. Sonia

Oh I love the this!!!! I also recommend hiding messages in your child’s lunchbox on a regular basis. XO

5. Sonia – that’s a GORGEOUS idea!